Sherburn Group Practice is currently experiencing an extreme level of demand. Please only contact us if your need is urgent. Our staff are trying their hardest to deal with all the enquiries, please bear this in mind and treat them with the respect they deserve. The Partners, Sherburn Group Practice
Out of Hours and Emergencies
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will ask you a series of questions to assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
In case of a life threatening emergency, please dial 999.
Flu Vaccine 2023
We will be running our normal Flu clinics from early October for adult vaccination in line with NHSE guidance. An invitation will be sent to eligible patients shortly.
This year the vaccine is available free for anyone who will be 65 by 31st March 2024 plus those under 65s who are in eligible at-risk groups.
If you have a relative who is housebound, please contact the surgery to ensure they are included on our home visit list.
Healthy 50-64 year olds are NOT included in the flu vaccination campaign this year, but can pay for a vaccine at a pharmacy.
If you do not want a flu vaccination this year please let the practice know so that we do not continue to send for you during this year's flu campaign.
To deliver “Best Practice” standard of care by providing suitable patient consultations to establish an appropriate diagnosis, treatment and care plans
- We aim to provide an excellent service, to be responsive to your needs and efficient in providing general medical care.
- We would try to offer you an appointment, if appropriate, within two working days.
- Appointments can be booked up to two weeks ahead, and appointments at shorter notice are made available each day.
- If a problem is more urgent, emergency surgeries are held each morning and evening.
- You can expect to be dealt with courteously and efficiently.
- Your confidentiality will be respected. Medical details may be shared if necessary with other members of the clinical team, but are not available to a third party.